Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fun Size

Fun Size, what a fitting name, not because of the pint size actor, Jackson Nicoll, who steals the show, but because that is about how much fun you can expect from this movie. Before I hate on this movie a great deal, I do have to point out that it was not made for a 26 year old.

I know that "kid movies" are not made just for kids anymore. For years the industry has been revolutionizing how kids movies are made so that parents/aunts/uncles/grandparents/etc don't feel bored during the movie and can enjoy it as well.

This movie doesn't necessarily do that, it has some adult humor in it so I'm not sure it is really for kids under about 10, but I'm not sure those over 15 would enjoy it, so small demographic is a let down. I pretty much only watched it to see Chelsea Handler, I didn't expect miracles from this movie but I didn't laugh nearly the amount I would have liked to.

Was it worth the money I spent at Redbox? Yes. Did it help me not be frightened since it was my follow up movie to a "scary" (Mama) movie? Sure. Was it a movie I would want to sit through again with my nieces and nephew, probably not.

So, if you have children between 10 and 15 who may want to watch this movie, go ahead and allow them. It's not necessarily a pass, but I'm not rushing out to watch it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment