Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mud

Pay close attention, are you focused in? Great, now the important news. Matthew McConaughey has lost it. I have known this for awhile but kept my opinions to myself, for the most part, because the majority seem to find him incredibly irresistible. Now, while I don't disagree that he is pretty to look at, his acting has been mediocre typically.

This is one of those movies, one of those movies you want to be good but instead, it is just mediocre. The two boys who are in the movie did an amazing job. I don't think it is their fault I didn't love the movie, because I really enjoyed watching them.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about this movie that for the majority you can't get from watching the trailer. I thought the trailer was interesting and that's why I rented the movie, but I felt like I could have taken away the main concepts from just the trailer. I hate that. It is by far one of my biggest pet peeves, I want a trailer to give me just enough that I want to see the movie, but once I see it I don't want to feel like I should have just stuck with the trailer. I'm rambling at this point.

Realistically the only reason I rented this movie was to see Reese Witherspoon because I adore her. This is one film RottenTomatoes.com and I will always disagree on, they rated it very highly, I however would say skip it. My apologies, Reese, I so wanted to like this movie.



1 comment:

  1. I agree this movie was terrible! Just don't watch the paperboy. I watched it due to zac efron but it was awful!!!!!! Matthew is in that one too and I'd say it is worse than mud.

    ReplyDelete