Friday, February 15, 2013

96 Minutes

I requested this movie from Netflix knowing that one of my favorite actresses, Brittany Snow, was in it. There have been several movies that have followed similar themes as this one, most well known is Crash. A story of several individuals colliding into one greater story. The movie, while not very well known, did keep my attention. Young individuals trying to better their lives, while certain ones seem almost destined for a life behind bars because of where they have come from. I think the most touching part of the movie is near the end when the man finds Snow's character injured and takes her to the hospital only to be questioned as if he is the one who harmed her. And yet his compassion keeps him in the hospital to be there for the character. The ending is sad when you realize that the fate of the character you were previously rooting for is in fact a life behind bars solidified only by Snow's character confirming that because he did not allow mercy she won't either. I did like this movie and if it was on TV and nothing else I particularly wanted to watch was on, I would watch again.



No comments:

Post a Comment