Thursday, February 14, 2013

Camp

Sweet baby Jesus, I would like the 114 minutes I spent watching this film back! But, since I can't get that time back I will instead review the movie. Let's start with the statement a friend of mine made after watching, "Camp + musical = gay... Way to play into the stereotype!" Now, before some musical loving people come after me for this review, let me say that I love musicals. However, I don't love when an Indie film plays on every stereotype possible. Why does it seem like every person in this film is confused about their sexuality? Not every kid who goes to some sort of music camp is gay or questioning. I'm going to be honest in why I watched this movie, I love Anna Kendrick. I fell in love with her when she was in Twilight and have been watching a couple different films she was in. Had I known that her role, although epic when she did sing, was so small, I probably would have skipped the movie. Anna Kendrick, I love you. Camp, I hate you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment