Saturday, March 28, 2015

Get Hard

Get Hard, oh how I wanted you to be funny. At times, you were funny, I had a few chuckles here and there, but overall, pretty bad. Obviously I knew going into this movie that there would be a lot of what I refer to as "stupid humor." I have been a diehard fan of Will Ferrell's since SNL, but his last few movies have made me sad. As for Kevin Hart, he is so funny and I thought, no way can you put two funny dudes together and have it not be spectacular, even on a dumb level. I was wrong.

I know there are people out there who will disagree with me and say, this movie was hilarious. I heard several rolling from laughter in the theater, but it just didn't do it for me. The homophobic prison rape jokes get to be too much. While it is funny to see Will Ferrell join a gang, because we all understand it is something that could never actually happen, it couldn't carry the movie. I don't usually agree with RottenTomatoes.com but despite disagreeing, I always check to see how they rated movies. On the Tomatometer it was given a 33% with fans saying 65% liked it, unfortunately, I think that is about where it will stand. I lean more towards the Tomatometer in this case though, it was funny but not enough that I would ever pay for it again. I won't buy it, but I would maybe give it a second chance if it's on TV some day.

In my personal opinion, if you love Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, you might enjoy it, so it's worth a rent. However, if you don't like either of them, or you don't like Will Ferrell, which seems to include a number of people nowadays, probably SKIP IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment