Monday, July 1, 2013

Now You See Me

I've always been a sucker for magic. I remember going to Vegas as a kid with my parents and begging to see a magic show. So, when I saw the preview for this movie months ago, I knew I wanted to see it! This was the first movie in months that I have really been excited to see.

I am a big fan of Isla Fisher & Woody Harrelson so a film that combined the two sounded lovely! I also am growing very fond of Dave Franco, even though the Franco brothers talk funny. I really didn't know much about this film other than it was magicians who robbed a bank, but there is more to the plot than that. This film is fun and interesting and it is different from other movies that are coming out right now.

I have to say that my mom and I rarely really enjoy the same movies. Usually she loves it or I love it, but this was one film that we both walked out of and really enjoyed.

I watched two interviews regarding this movie before I saw it. The first interview I saw was just snippets and it was an interview with Eisenberg and then commentary about how he was less than nice with the interviewer. I didn't pay much attention to it, the one thing I did notice is that it seems Eisenberg has been typecast. Now, I'm not sure if that is because he is actually like those characters in real life or because he enjoys being the opposite of who he really is. Either way he did the role well. The second interview which I watched was with Chelsea Handler and was with Isla Fisher. That interview was actually fun to watch and she said that when she was doing her own stunt in the water tank she had to learn to hold her breath for two and a half minutes. She also spoke about how her chain actually got stuck and she was panicking but they just thought that she was acting really well and she had to pull the safety release for herself! Either way, Fisher, whether you were acting or actually... drowning... you did a great job. Kudos to you for learning to hold your breath for that long, because to me it seems like eternity.

This movie is theater worthy for sure! If you don't want to spend the money to see it in the theater, add it to your Netflix list now!  


No comments:

Post a Comment