Friday, May 10, 2013

The Big Wedding

I had high hopes for this movie, from the first time I saw the preview for it, I knew it would be one I would see immediately when it came out. My thoughts were, De Niro, Sarandon, Seyfried, Grace, Williams and so on, what's not to love!

I believe my hopes were met! Now, before you run off with your whole family to watch this gem, think twice. It is rated R and for a reason. There are many sexual jokes, so if your family is open about that sort of stuff enjoy, if not maybe go with some friends. It was funny though.

The best kind of movie makes you laugh, think, cry, and all that's in between and that's how I felt when I left the theater. There are so many touching moments and revelations about things that every family struggles with but typically denies. One of which in this movie is secrets and lies, but I don't want to ruin it so I'll stop there. Movies that are relatable do well, people like to know that their family is either not as bad or equally as insane as others and this movie does a good job of helping people feel that way.

I would most definitely say this movie is a theater worthy movie! But if you're on the stingy side or you're just flat broke, add it to your Netflix or Redbox list of movies to rent! Because I loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment