Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pain & Gain

Oh Pain & Gain I so wanted you to be a good movie. I love Mark Wahlberg, I mean like watch all of his movies and over and over just to look at his pretty face (and of course observe his wonderful acting skills). So, naturally when I saw he was in this movie I was excited and couldn't wait for it to be released.

Unfortunately, I was extremely let down. To sum up the movie *spoiler* it's body builders, stealing, big time fail, murder, busted. If you are not aware this is a true story or at least based off a true story, so I don't know if that makes it better or worse. The movie is really slow, it takes a long time for it to get to a plot. Once it gets to the plot you're hoping okay great it's got to get better, but it doesn't.

I don't know if this was just not my type of movie, but I had a hard time finding the comedy in this story. There is definitely drama and action, as well as a lot of detail paid to the murders but comedy was severely lacking. As much as I love Mark Wahlberg I was really disappointed I paid for this movie.

Sorry folks, for me and my taste this movie is a skip it!



1 comment:

  1. I agree, very let down with this one. I think I thought it was going to be a certain way and it definitely was a different type of movie. Best part: Rebel Wilson. Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete