Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Fighter

This is the story of someone who has been beaten down and is trying to make a come back. My mother, in particular, loves feel good movies, and as a result this is one of her favorites. The reason I watched this movie (again) was because I was home visiting my family and it was on TV. Now, when I say that my mom loves this movie, I mean she loves it, we watched it in its entirety.

I rarely watch anything live on TV anymore because I can't stand commercials, but I do have a certain love for this movie too and sat through it both times. Mark Wahlberg does a fabulous job portraying Mickey Ward. You fall in love with his character and start to feel for every struggle he experiences. As a viewer you will feel for Wahlberg in all aspect starting with his struggle to come back, the defeats he suffers, to dealing with his (crazy) family.

This movie is just touching and it it hard a lot of the time to get a movie that makes you feel emotions as much as this one does. I would most definitely say to see this in theater, even though that's obviously not possible at this point. But, to do it justice, I did see it in theaters in 2010 with my parents and it was a film that all three of us walked away from feeling like we just saw a great film.

Also, if you are a woman that has somebody who doesn't like to watch "girly films" but you're tired of watching the same old beat em' up, take em' down, I strongly suggest this movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment